* 1/2 cup peanut oil
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 1/2 lbs andouille sausage, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices
* 1 bell pepper, chopped
* 1 large tomato, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 3 bay leaves
* 1/4 tsp thyme
* 2 tbs parsley, minced
* 1 1/2 quarts beef stock
* 1 tsp black pepper
* 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
* 3 cups white rice
1. In a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil and sauté the chopped onions and meat until the onions begin to color.
2. Add the bell pepper. Sauté together until the liquid which is released cooks down and you just hear the sizzling frying sound and the bell pepper begins to color.
3. Add the chopped tomato, the garlic, bay leaves, thyme, parsley, pepper, cayenne, and hot beef stock. Raise heat and bring to a boil.
4. Add the rice. Bring to a boil again, then reduce heat to simmer.
5. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 25 minutes, until the rice is somewhat dry and not too sticky. Adjust seasonings.